Shaws is releasing a NEW coupon policy tomorrow which will also be posted online (I will update with a link as soon as it is posted). Though there are some changes and limits that were not previously in the policy – having it published will at least provide some consistency from store to store.
The main changes I see are:
- Doubling only 4 “LIKE” coupons per day vs. 6 that we can use now.
- It clarifies that you can only use one mfg. coupon in association with a BOGO sale – so either a $$ off OR a BOGO. This has been practiced at some stores, but is now standard and in the policy.
- The final change I see is a clear statement saying you cannot separate transactions in order to circumvent coupon policies. Though I am not really sure how they are going to manage that one.
Shaw’s NEW Coupon Policy 6/23/11
**We Reserve the Right to Change our Coupon Policy Without Notice. A portion of our coupon policy does differ by State due to varying state regulations. Our coupon policy in it’s entirety can be found posted at every register and at the service desk. Below are the standard coupon procedures for all stores.**
COUPON ACCEPTANCE POLICY
Doubling of Manufacturer Coupons:
- Shaw’s doubles valid manufacturers’ coupons that have a face a value up to 99¢. Coupons with a face value over 99¢ are redeemed at face value only.
- Coupons that state “do not double” or “free” will not be doubled.
- No more than FOUR “like” (same UPC) coupons will be doubled per customer, per day. Any additional coupon(s) may be accepted at face value (not doubled) based upon product availability.
Competitor coupons are not accepted with the exception of valid Catalina manufacturer coupons and manufacturer? must be stated on the coupon. Competitor Catalina store coupons are not accepted.
Coupon amount may be reduced so that any combined discounts and coupons (including doubling) do not exceed the value of the item.
Coupon must have a valid scanable barcode and a valid date to be accepted.
One store coupon and one valid manufacturer coupon may be applied to an item.
ONE mfg BOGO coupon, ONE mfg “buy 2 get $$ off” coupon, or ONE “buy 1 and get $$ off” may be accepted per BOGO offer. No other coupons accepted for free or BOGO items.
Transactions may not be separated for the purpose of circumventing coupon policies.
Shaw’s reserves the right to limit quantities of product sold.
Photo copied, altered and/or fraudulent coupons will not be accepted.
Manufacturers’ Internet Coupons follow the same policies stated above (and to the left) along with the following restrictions: Coupons must be printed from a computer printer (no copies) and must scan. Manufacturer internet coupons for free product (including buy one/get one free) or that have a value greater than $4.99 are NOT accepted.
Shaw’s Internet Coupons are accepted with some restrictions. All coupon requirements must be met. The coupons must state “Shaw’s” and be printed from a computer printer (no copies). Unless otherwise stated, limit ONE coupon of each type per customer per day. Shaw’s Internet Coupons will not exceed $10, will not be doubled and cannot exceed the value of the item(s) purchased.
So what do you think about the new policy? You can view it in Shaws website HERE.