ANDES 3-minute Chocolate Mint Mug Cake
This Chocolate Mint Mug Cake is one of the easiest things to make and soooo YUMMY!! How can you beat 4 ingredients, 3 minutes and no dirty pans to clean?
All you hard core bakers may poo poo using the microwave BUT when it is 9pm and you need a quick decadent snack – well there you have it.
You just melt the Andes Mints in the microwave, then add the other ingredients and mix until smooth. Microwave for 1-2 minutes and you have CAKE!
The hardest part may be unwrapping the Andes candy and then deciding what to top it with. Try chocolate sauce, frosting, crushed peppermints, Heath bar pieces and more!
Keep in mind the only sugar is from the candy so it is not overly sweet. I think the chocolate sauce is needed for sure – in my opinion. Though powdered sugar is a nice, less sweet option.
NOTES: Your microwave may be trial and error – I have undermixed it and over cooked it making it taste like burned flour… but once you get the microwave and mixing down, it is super easy. I may try adding chocolate chips next time!
This would also make a lovely gift. Get a beautiful mug and fill it with the Andes Candies along with the dry ingredients in a bag along with instructions. All they need to do is add milk and VOILA!
Andes Chocolate Mint Mug Cake
- 8 Tablespoons All-Purpose Flour
- 8 Tablespoons Milk
- 10 Andes Mints Chocolates
- ½ teaspoon Baking Powder
- In a coffee mug (make sure it’s microwave safe!), place the unwrapped Andes Mints Chocolates. Place in the microwave and turn on high for about 30 seconds. Remove from microwave and stir, if chocolate is not melted, microwave for a bit longer.
- Add the flour, milk, and baking powder into the mug and stir well until no lumps remain and all ingredients are incorporated. Place the mug back in the microwave for another 1 to 2 minutes or until the cake looks dry on the top.
- Let the cake cool for a bit before enjoying. Top with frosting, chocolate or caramel syrup, sprinkles, peppermint candies, or other fun treats.