Best Buddies Challenge 2014
Hyannis Port, MA – May 31st, 2014
Guess WHAT??? I will be riding AGAIN this year in the Best Buddies Challenge 2014. Last year was so incredible there are not enough words to describe the experience.
We like to save money on the things we NEED so we can buy the things we WANT and DONATE to others in NEED. So this is one of the ways I will help DONATE to others in NEED this year.
There are 7.5 million Americans with intellectual and developmental disabilities (IDD) – and more than 200 million people with IDD worldwide. Children with IDD often grow up experiencing a life of rejection and isolation. Through Best Buddies, hundreds of thousands of people with IDD have successfully moved from segregation and desolation to a new acceptance in their family and community.
On May 31st, I will participate AGAIN in the Best Buddies Challenge: Hyannis Port with the Merrill Lynch & Friends team – a ride, run or walk in support of Best Buddies International and my friend’s daughter Sophia!
I am using this RIDE to not only raise money for this great cause, but to also give myself another much needed fitness goal.
Last year the event was more than I could have ever dreamed. Having never ridden in any kind of race I was nervous but the organization of the event was SUPERB and I highly recommend it even for beginner riders. They take care of everything and seeing the joy on the faces of the Best Buddies and riding along with them on the race was inspiring. OH and did I tell you about the ALL YOU CAN EAT LOBSTER FEST with OPEN BAR at the finish line?!?!?
I got to meet Anthony Kennedy Shriver (above) who is the founder of the organization as well as Carl Lewis, Verne Troyer (mini ME), Guy Fieri and local NBC News Anchor Adam Williams. Tom Brady and Bill Bellichick were there for a short time as well.
SUPPORT ME to RIDE 20, DROP 20 and raise $2000!
If you would like to donate – AWESOME, but if you are local, there will be a WICKED FUN FUNDRAISER and I would LOVE to see you there!
Best Buddies WICKED FUN FUNDRAISER
April 12, 2014 from 7 pm – midnight
Moseley’s on the Charles, Dedham, MA
We have some awesome entertainment lined up:
- Paul Nardizzi, Local Boston Comedian & Author
- DJ Pat Lally
- more to come…
Stephen Gostkowski, 2 time Pro Bowler and Patriots kicker will be in the house from 7-8pm for VIP upgrade pics and autographs!!!
There may also be some local celebs showing up as well as a LIVE Auction and loads of great raffles. Tickets are only $40 each or buy a table of 10 for $350!
What a great deal for a comedian and DANCING all night to the DJ! All proceeds support the Best Buddies Challenge and are tax deductible. TIME FOR A NIGHT OUT!
- LIMIT TIME OFFER: First 2 Maven of Savin’ readers who reserve a table of 10 will get a $50 discount! So only $300! Just leave me a comment with your details and I will let you know how to get the discount.
If you are a local business, we are still looking for sponsors for the event (name on t-shirts, in brochure and more) as well as auction and raffle items. DONATE now and get great exposure for your business and support a great cause (tax deductible!)
PURCHASE TICKETS ONLINE
- Go to My Best Buddies Donation Page and make a donation of the ticket(s) amount and click SUBMIT
- Then in the box “Recognition to” or “In Support Of” type in the letters “BBWFF”. “BBWFF” designates a ticket purchase – otherwise we will not know to send you tickets and think it is just a donation – which are also welcome as well 😉
- You will automatically receive an email receipt with the tax deductible Tax ID # on it from Best Buddies!
- Be sure to check the list of companies that match donations – yours just may be on there.
OR you can MAIL A CHECK made payable to “Best Buddies” and email me and I will send you the address to send it to.
JOIN US for a GREAT NIGHT for a GREAT CAUSE