So I am sure you all know that Facebook is messing with things again and people are having trouble seeing posts in their newsfeed. There are a few different solutions that might help in addition to just stopping by the Maven of Savin page.
- First of all, go to the pages you “LIKED” and hover over the LIKED button and be sure you have checked off SHOW IN NEWSFEED.
- Then make sure to “LIKE” or “SHARE” the posts you see in your feed or on the Maven of Savin page. Facebook will show you more of what you “LIKE” and more of the posts that are getting any kind of interaction, comments, etc. Remember that regardless of facebook, if you ever have a question, please feel free to comment. We have a great group and if I do not know the answer someone else may.
- You can also do that directly from the post on the blog either next to the title OR below the post. By the way, this also tells ME what to spend my time on! Like you obviously LOVE Dunkin Donuts coffee – LOL!
- Also make sure you always SORT by “Most Recent” in your newsfeed. You will see the drop down in the upper right corner at the top of your feed. I find I always have to change this – it is really annoying.
CREATE A FRIEND or INTEREST LIST on FACEBOOK
You could also create a LIST -The friend lists feature is just a way to create groups, so you can see just the updates from that set of friends, blogs, etc. at a time. Here is what you do:
- Go to your home page on facebook and look down the left side bar for the FRIENDS section – hover over it and click MORE. (NOTE – you could also follow the same instructions under the INTERESTS section as well – whichever one works better for you)
- Click on CREATE LIST in the upper right corner
- In the pop-up box you can name the list and add members. You do not need to add members at this time. I prefer doing it in the next step. Click CREATE.
- Now you can click on ADD FRIENDS to search through and select people or pages for your list.
- Use the drop down in the upper left of the pop-up box to select PAGES if you want blogs or select FRIENDS if you want to add people. You will then see all of the people or pages you are following and can add them to your list by scrolling through or using the search box. You can see this feature could also come in handy if you want to group friends as well – home vs. work vs college, etc.
VOILA – you should now have that LIST under your FRIENDS or INTEREST section in the left sidebar. When you check on facebook each day you can click on that and only see the newsfeed from those included in the LIST.
NON- FACEBOOK Options
There are many other ways to stay on top of all the deals on a daily, hourly, minute basis as well.
- Visit and bookmark Maven of Savin.
- Follow me on twitter @MavenOfSavin for up to the minute updates.
- Subscribe to my RSS feed to have it delivered through your reader of choice. I use google reader and LOVE IT.
- Subscribe to my daily emails and get a newsletter each day around 3pm listing all posts from the last 24 hours. NOTE that although you will see all the deals, some may not be in a timely manner.
- The newest way to get the deals is to follow me on Google+. The format is similar to facebook, though looks like a more basic feed right now. I am new over there but am working on chatting over there more often and making sure all the deals get there. Are you active on Google+ – would love to know what you think.
SO – I hope all that helped. My goal is to try to get you the info you want when you want it. So remember to LIKE or SHARE posts to tell ME what you want to see, but to also tell facebook that I am the bomb (just kidding!).
So Facebook, CAN YOU SEE ME NOW?